Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Fork- Kaataa Laga ;-)

2nd October 2008 (Part 1)

It was Oct 2nd 2008. I woke up just like every normal day. But unlike normal days mom and dad weren't home, they were out of town. It was breakfast time. My best friend (well at least I thought that she was my best friend) was gonna introduce me to some people and change my life completely. I was supposed to meet an incredible girl (that was gonna be the icing on the cake deal).

It was a national holiday for Gandhi birthday and Eid. Generally on Eid some of the major streets in Calcutta are blocked for religious reasons.

I woke up at about 630 am. The plan was... no one was supposed to have a bath, but I don't follow other's, do I?. So i had my bath, got a clean shave (I don't quite remember about shave, but i believe i did) and put on one of my favorite t-shirts (the blue- white strip levis one). Went down, got my car out. My car, yes I so desperately miss my car. My car by the way, is the thing I love the most. I can't live without it. Its like the best thing that has ever happened in my life.

Next thing I hit the road, drove towards Alipore, listening to music. And in about 10 mins I was there. So I was parked outside my BFF's house, waiting.... Up next the two of us drove to the building near Garden Cafe. We picked up a gal here, I didn't really see her face for a couple of mins. The first time I saw her was in my rear view mirror, and my first reaction was "OH MY GOD, she is so hideous".  So she looked like... well I don't really have words to describe. It was like a tanned face. Untied hair and uncombed aswell . Big eyes, that looked like egg shells.

She looked like... think of an an evil, wicked, sinister witch. Now imagine this witch as been forcefully woken up in the middle of night (when she was having a horny dream), and she is looking at you in all the agony and she is trying to kill you with her eyes big black eyes...  Well that glimpse was enough to scare me. As a matter of fact, I did not look into that rear view mirror for the next few days... i was so scared and I also go booked for traffic violation that night, imagine!!! I knew i was gonna have nightmares for many nights to come. Lets call this girl Savitri, but then will it be the height of sarcasm?

Anyway the next halt was Camac st. I parked my car on the opposite side of Pantaloons. And we were to pickup the incredible person who I was supposed to end up with, and an extra character. Speaking of this extra character, this person was a quiet and calm person. She was like a girl who lives in her own world and has nothing to do with the outside world. She is scared of everything from rat to Rajnikanth. She kinda reminds me of Phoebe of friends. She comes up with incredible oneliners. Besides that she was good to look at, nothing extra-ordinary about her. So lets call her Romy. It was certain that the most depressing- sad creature with very few options in life and no taste was gonna be her life partner. As a matter of fact she was a good girl, but more like a sister material for every handsom and dashing guy.

There she was, crossing the road, wearing specs and god knows what she was thinking about that time. This was the third character, Romy. As I looked in my left rear view mirror (clearly, I was scared of looking at the one inside the car), I could see a short girl about 5 feet 2 inch tall, walking towards my car. She walked like she was doing a hugh favor on the whole world. It was like Darsheel Safari going to school, early in the morning in Tare Zameen Par!!!! Things couldn't get more exciting. I had a confused Tom-boy (my "BFF"), a scary witch, a phoebe and 20 year old female version on of Darsheel Safari in my car. Btw, I was supposed to be set up with the last of the four. Lets call her Pikachu. Well thats what she looked like to everyone, apart from me.

Pikachu was a shameless maru!!! By shameless maru, I mean the most miser person I have ever come across. She is the kind of person who would proudly ask for students discount in CCD, and then nag when they don't give it. Her favorite coffee was tropical iceberg, which I reckon was the cheapest item on the menu!!! Thats what she bought every day, but never ever left any sort of tip for the waiter who very nicely served it to her.

In this group, Fantabulous 4, the witch was like the mother, stepmother rather. And the other three were like her step kids. Jann (my "BFF") was the naughtiest and the evil elder sister. Pikachu and Romy were the twin sisters. More like "you pink then I also pink". They went out together, loved each others company..blah blah blah... They were the only two who praised each other and overlooked each other's flaws. In real world they would be perfect couple, match made in Heaven sort of a think. Speaking of heaven, I don't really think such a thing exists or ever existed, but more on that later.

Anyway, Pikachu was the ideal daughter of her step mother and did all that her step mother asked her to do be it drink milk or date random guys whereas Jann on the other hand was like the rebellious Jhansi ki Rani. Savitri was good at giving free and unnecessary advise to people without any demonstration! She was also renowned among her friends to be an alarm clock as she made sure all her friends- woke up and went to school and college on time, had their lunch properly and all.... I guess she had all the qualities of a nanny/ babysitter. But if anyone is looking for a well trained nanny/babysitter, I wouldn't recommend Savitri! More on that later.

With this group ( I would like to call them the Fantabulous 4), I was going for breakfast to one of the most classiest restaurants on Park St., Flurries.

All of them boarded my L8195 (of the Gunner's road service). I turned the key... released the brakes... then the clutch and the gear, and we were off for the "exciting breakfast in Flurries"!!!!

I was so happy that morning when I woke up....

No comments:

That's Me

My photo
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
I am an Entrepreneur, Industrialist and a Businessman. I am die hard Arsenal Fan. I always fancy a good meal. I love travelling. Seen most of India, Far East, South Asia and Europe. Happily married for the past 6 years.

Archive